www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org

www.suzukib-king.org

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
santa rendeer Wishing all our members a Merry Christmas & A Happy new year rendeer santa
our facebook page (please click the link below)
B-king face book page
Follow us on twitter
Make a donation to help with the running of our forum
Latest topics
» Hi Everyone from DUBAI
by Killroy Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 12:27

» New from Virginia
by Joshidiah Wed 29 Nov 2017 - 22:24

» Newbie here.
by davehutch Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 14:27

» Hi everyone
by davehutch Mon 13 Nov 2017 - 7:03

» B-King owner locations (MAP)
by gstoltz715 Sun 12 Nov 2017 - 19:25

» Newbie here from Pennsylvania!
by GerBeGurGya Fri 10 Nov 2017 - 1:15

» New member from Belgium
by Joshidiah Thu 26 Oct 2017 - 13:50

» Presentation
by Joshidiah Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 21:33

» New Scandinavian Member!
by Joshidiah Mon 16 Oct 2017 - 20:54

Share | 

G'day from Oz...first post...looking for a bit of advice

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ringr
In Neutral
In Neutral

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-23

PostSubject: G'day from Oz...first post...looking for a bit of advice    Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 12:34

G'day...bit new at this so please forgive me if I step ot of line...have owned my '08 B-King for a little over a year now...bought second hand with three and a half on the clock... black and in mint condition...what can I say?...I'm in love.

First bike was an old postie Honda 110, then a XL 250 and other various chook chasers...first serious road bike was a '87 GSX-R 750...unfortunately turned into an ashtray by a drunk P-Plater running a red light...off the road for many years but my old man bought a Veradao a couple of years back...which I pinched all the time... and I got the bug again.

I work OS for around 9 months a year so I really haven't had as much time on the beast as I wish but I have managed a 2500 kay round trip down to Phillip Island for the '10 Moto GP ( loved it so much have booked for this year)...worked out I am no where near bike fit and my arse is still sore... and a couple trips up and down the coast...she has just turned over 10,000 kays so I reckon it is nearly run in Smile

Anyway enough verbal diarhear...I am looking for a few bits and pieces to enhance the performance and apperance and also a bit of riders advice...I have found the aftermarket in Oz is a bit limited and I am not really sure where to start...I am looking for alternate rear sets,mirrors,levers,maybe a small screen,lighter brake discs, also maybe a power commander...the web sites in the US are amazing but I was wondering if anyone can suggest some good shops or web sites based in Oz that support the B-King?

Also I was wondering if anyone based in NSW could recommend a advance riding school...did a H.A.R.T course at St.Ives a while back...which was good but I have no comparison.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

daz
Back to top Go down
mdfdbk
Fifth Gear And Gone
Fifth Gear And Gone

Number of posts : 1169
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Oz...first post...looking for a bit of advice    Tue 12 Apr 2011 - 17:39

Sorry can't help with the local stuff, but just wanted to say welcome! cheers
Back to top Go down
ringr
In Neutral
In Neutral

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Oz...first post...looking for a bit of advice    Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 3:12

Cheers mate...much appreciated
Back to top Go down
BKing
Fifth Gear And Gone
Fifth Gear And Gone

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Oz...first post...looking for a bit of advice    Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 4:05

Welcome mate!

Depending on what type of mirrors you want, I went with Oberon bar ends from :
http://www.ausfr.com.au/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=198&cat=MIRRORS

You may have to message them to make sure you get B-King levers but Pazzo Levers can be bought from:
http://www.superbikesupply.com.au/
or
http://www.bikegearwarehouse.com.au/

Rearsets are a bit hard to find and a bit pricy so I went with MFW adjustable pegs to get more leg room from:
http://www.motorradgarage.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=38_168&products_id=633&osCsid=058195bf264e38aa9fd0881f1128f3e1
But check out the top set here:
http://www.ausfr.com.au/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=201&cat=REARSET+KITS

Don't waste your money on a power commander, have a read about the ECU reflashing:
http://www.suzukib-king.org/f33-ecu-flashing-information
Back to top Go down
DisPlaCeD
Found First Gear
Found First Gear

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Oz...first post...looking for a bit of advice    Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 9:18

Welcome mate... I've hit the same problems as you, but seemingly online is the best bet... As long as they send to Aus, I imagine you'd be pretty sweet... or if you're O/S, buy bits, bring back Wink lol
Back to top Go down
ringr
In Neutral
In Neutral

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Oz...first post...looking for a bit of advice    Wed 13 Apr 2011 - 16:03

Cheers Bking...appreciate you taking the time to point me in the right direction....first stop was AuSFR...just ordered the ABM adjustable rear sets... $680 including postage was a bit pricey but they look sweet and I couldnt help myself.

Think the bar end mirrors may be next....I take it you had to remove the original bar ends ...I have a set of those six shooter bar ends from MCS but I think they will need to go...also the info on the ECU was extremely helpful.

DisPlaCed...spot on mate...will have to pull my finger out next time I am based in the US...not sure about Europe for parts...will be based out of Spain on my next contract so will need to do a bit of homework before I go and see if I can source some parts.

cheers fellas
Back to top Go down
BKing
Fifth Gear And Gone
Fifth Gear And Gone

Number of posts : 707
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Oz...first post...looking for a bit of advice    Thu 14 Apr 2011 - 3:53

No worries ringr!

There are a couple of options for bar end mirrors:
I have the Oberon street fighter mirrors and they work great for me, here is a thread have a read:
http://www.suzukib-king.org/t681-oberon-bar-end-mirrors

Then there are CRG bar end mirrors, I've never had them so can't comment but here is a comparsion thread:
http://www.suzukib-king.org/t1171-bar-end-mirrors-crg-vs-oberon

You should be able to some great stuff in Europe as the B-King is rather popular over there.
Back to top Go down
Simon Lockington
Got It To Third Gear
Got It To Third Gear

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-06-08

PostSubject: Re: G'day from Oz...first post...looking for a bit of advice    Fri 15 Apr 2011 - 3:58

For training, I can't recommend the California Superbike School at Eastern Creek highly enough. Well worth the money.

I've done levels 1 and 2 and found it extremely valuable.
Back to top Go down

G'day from Oz...first post...looking for a bit of advice

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1