www.suzukib-king.org
Hi and welcome to our Suzuki B-king forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your B-king friends

.org.

www.suzukib-king.org

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  
our facebook page (please click the link below)
B-king face book page
Follow us on twitter
Make a donation to help with the running of our forum
Latest topics
» Hey from California
by Legend Sat 24 Jun 2017 - 7:37

» Hello from Dublin, Ireland
by davehutch Tue 6 Jun 2017 - 15:40

» New introduction
by Joshidiah Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 17:35

» NY USA B-King
by McLovin Sat 27 May 2017 - 11:23

» B-King owner locations (MAP)
by smithp1781 Sat 13 May 2017 - 14:36

by davehutch Mon 8 May 2017 - 20:26

» Hello B-Kingers.
by B_Kinging Wed 3 May 2017 - 20:21

» chicago here..
by chidago Tue 25 Apr 2017 - 16:39

» Hello from the other side ©adele (Hello from Georgia:)
by Joshidiah Tue 25 Apr 2017 - 14:28

Share | 

Hi from South-Africa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jpprinsloo
Up Into Fourth Gear
Up Into Fourth Gear

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Hi from South-Africa   Mon 2 Jan 2012 - 16:33

I've been a member here almost as long as I've owned my King.
On the Thursday decided I've saved enough for a deposit, after watching the market for a month or two.. On the Friday responded to all adds, but all sold... Finally got hold of a bike shop, enquired about the one they listed, and found out they got another one just that morning, so I applied for finance, and woke up to a phone call on Saturday, I'd been approved!
Turned out to be a beauty, 2010 model, 3800km on the clock, Two Brothers racing pipes, Puig screen, B-King branded Puig frame sliders, and not a single scratch on the entire bike! All for R89 500 (South-African Rands, you can convert it online)
They also threw in an alarm system, and a gps tracking unit that shows routes travelled, speeds, duration, etc when I log into the system from an Internet connection. It also detects if the bike has fallen over, and if I can't be reached they deploy medical assistance... If the bike is moved without my keyless card near the bike, they call me, and if I'm not with the bike armed response isT deployed...
Well, that's it from me for now, just so all know who I am.
J.P.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Jpprinsloo
Up Into Fourth Gear
Up Into Fourth Gear

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Hi from South-Africa   Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 18:56

Yup, much more peace of mind with these systems, living in the crime capital of South-Africa and all...
In school grade 9 built up a DT50 from a wreck to running condition, and hear owners after are still running it.. In grade 11 got a GK73 GSXR 400, due to constant CDI blowing traded it on a 1998 GSXR 750 SRAD (still parked next to the car) and now on my awesome B-King!
In 2005 touched the steering wheel of a car for the first time, my mom made me buy her old Corsa, if it was left to me I'd never have gotten off 2 wheels, we never get snow or any ice on the roads of, so if you're not scared of a bit of water falling from the sky it's all year round riding conditions (that's why experienced guys keep the rainsuit in the backpack, Joburg weather can turn from sunshine to a thunder storm in under an hour)
Next up is saving up for luggage systems and spare fuel cans that can fit into the aestethics, as South-Africa has some of the most beautiful places on the long roads taking turns off some of the rural areas... Been to some in the car a few times, and the landscapes just can't be done justice by any photographs, must be seen and experienced in person...
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Hi from South-Africa

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1