www.suzukib-king.orgLog in

www.suzukib-king.org

descriptionNew Member from UK Cambridgeshire

more_horiz
Hi all,

I've recently bought myself a 2009 B King. Simply put, couldn't be having more fun. Very Happy

Ive been riding for 14yrs. Having had CBR600, TL1000R, ZX9R, R1, GSXR K1 1000 and now the King.

I will work out how to upload an image and put one up.

I do have a question, in removing the CAT and the exhaust valve, will this trigger the Fi light? If so does anyone know how to/which wires to remove out the ECU? confused

Thanks

Greg

descriptionRe: New Member from UK Cambridgeshire

more_horiz
welcome to the forum bikesnaggler! from sunny chorley :wel:
i'm sure some one will throw a helpful comment at you ( you should be ok with the cat but the exhaust valve will throw a code triggering the fi light) there is a link on here if you go throught the search box, sorry for not giving a definitive answer .

more_horiz
Welcome to a pretty exclusive ownership and future classic scooter.

more_horiz
Welcome bikesnaggler to the Mad House
enjoy the beast.

more_horiz
welcome to the forum

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/478375615523237/  (B-king facebook group)
https://twitter.com/Suzukibkinginfo     (B-king twitter)
https://www.instagram.com/wwwsuzukibking.org_official/   (B-king Instagram)

more_horiz
Cheers for all the welcomes.

I am so far loving the new beast.

more_horiz
Welcome to a pretty exclusive ownership and future classic scooter

scooter ??? damn fast scooter

welcome, get yourself a log box and wiring loom, then do what peeps on here have been doing, take cat out, exup valve out, pairs valve out then autotune and welcome to starship b king

stevo

ps, just sold a Gixxer thou, Ducati 996SPS, yamaha R1 2007, in fact ive had nearly every bike made except bimotas and old british stuff and this is the best bike ive had out of all of them.
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

more_horiz
Regarding the catalytic converter. If, when emmissions testing becomes part of the bike m.o.t. then it's likely to just measure the CO2 (which is what is noted in your registration document). I understand that the cat has little or no effect on CO2 emissions; it deals with unburnt hydrocarbons and other gasses, NO2 etc.

The cat seems to stifle about 8bhp which is a lot more than any silencer will give you (all when the fuellings readjusted after any changes)....at least that's my dyno proven experience.....

Air filter = insignificant
Airbox mod = about 5bhp
Freer flowing silencer = about 5bhp
Decatting = about 8bhp

That'll take you from 160-165bhp up to about 185bhp

Then Brocks Alien Head exhaust headers (bigger bore than stock) should give about another 5bhp.......if you then want more tear the engine apart and get it EXPENSIVELY worked on......

more_horiz
@ptolemyx wrote:
Regarding the catalytic converter. If, when emmissions testing becomes part of the bike m.o.t. then it's likely to just measure the CO2 (which is what is noted in your registration document). I understand that the cat has little or no effect on CO2 emissions; it deals with unburnt hydrocarbons and other gasses, NO2 etc.

The cat seems to stifle about 8bhp which is a lot more than any silencer will give you (all when the fuellings readjusted after any changes)....at least that's my dyno proven experience.....

Air filter = insignificant
Airbox mod = about 5bhp
Freer flowing silencer = about 5bhp
Decatting = about 8bhp

That'll take you from 160-165bhp up to about 185bhp

Then Brocks Alien Head exhaust headers (bigger bore than stock) should give about another 5bhp.......if you then want more tear the engine apart and get it EXPENSIVELY worked on......

Well so far its got Yoshi Pipes, K&N filter and Xtre. But seems odd that in 1st & 2nd gear it will only rev upto Just over 9k and not the redline. Any ideas?

What is the airbox mod?
Is the Brocks Alien head pipes UK or import only and will that come with the decat pipe do you know?

I dont want to get as much out of it with out engine work as that will make my warranty invalid. Very Happy
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum